Posted to user@hive.apache.org by 邓志华 <zh...@CREDITEASE.CN> on 2017/02/10 09:23:09 UTC

the ownership privileges on SQL authorization

Hi, all
   It made me upset that a hiveaccesscontrolexception threw when I tried to do select on the table created by myself.  Seen from the wiki(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/SQL+Standard+Based+Hive+Authorization), "The user who creates the table, view or database becomes its owner. In the case of tables and views, the owner gets all the privileges with grant option.”, how to make the owner of table or view get all the privileges?

   Another question is that from the bottom of the wiki, the ownership seems be taken as a privileges of the Object, which is opposite to "the owner gets all the privileges with grant option”, am i right?

Hive version: apache 1.2.1

Best,

Deng, Zhihua