Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2004/05/10 09:02:43 UTC

Very, very basic flow+forms questions

There are some simple things I am failing to understand in
the creation of forms (Woody) and their interaction with
control flow.

I have tried to reproduce a stripped down version of the
'registration' sample shown in the WoodySample wiki page
(and also  shipped as a sample in Cocoon 2.1.3).  Although it
works, there are some areas that unclear, even after perusal
of the  wiki notes and re-reading the code.

2. I do not understand how the following operates:
cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/woody2.js");
where is this "js" located - a separate file?  what is its
purpose?  The "cocoon.load" function is supposed to load
a script specified by the URI - but how is the above URI
interpreted?

3.  Where is the object "Form" that appears in:
var form = new Form("forms/registration.xml");
defined?  [This object, I assume, also contains the getModel()
function, whose role is also unclear...?]

4. I see there is a def2binding.xsl file in the /resources
directory - is this used in the sample and, if so, how?
and for what reason?

I am sure all of this is meant to be obvious, but right
now I am floundering and would appreciate any insights!

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.

Re: Very, very basic flow+forms questions

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 09:02, Derek Hohls wrote:
> There are some simple things I am failing to understand in
> the creation of forms (Woody) and their interaction with
> control flow.
>
> I have tried to reproduce a stripped down version of the
> 'registration' sample shown in the WoodySample wiki page
> (and also  shipped as a sample in Cocoon 2.1.3).  Although it
> works, there are some areas that unclear, even after perusal
> of the  wiki notes and re-reading the code.
>
> 2. I do not understand how the following operates:
> cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/woody2.js");
> where is this "js" located - a separate file?  what is its
> purpose?  The "cocoon.load" function is supposed to load
> a script specified by the URI - but how is the above URI
> interpreted?

it loads a resource from the classloader. The js file is part of the
woody/forms jar

> 3.  Where is the object "Form" that appears in:
> var form = new Form("forms/registration.xml");
> defined?  [This object, I assume, also contains the getModel()
> function, whose role is also unclear...?]

in the above mentioned js file

> 4. I see there is a def2binding.xsl file in the /resources
> directory - is this used in the sample and, if so, how?

no, it isn't used.

short answers, hope it's clear.