Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/09/12 23:26:06 UTC

dtd and xsd files in api20

Hi Craig,

today the api20 project includes jdo.dtd, jdo.xsd, orm.dtd defining the
structure of metadata files.Should we add an orm.xsd?

The spec allows JDOQL queries to be defined in .jdoquery metadata files.
Their structure uses a subset of the metadata elements of the .jdo and
.orm files. Would it make sense to add a separate dtd for .jdoquery
files: jdoquery.dtd (and a .jdoquery.xsd)? I think it defines just a few
elements: a new root element jdoquery, package, class, interface and
query. Elements package, class and interface only define the name
attribute; class and interface only have query and extension subelements.

Regards Michael

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: dtd and xsd files in api20

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Craig,

thanks! I can forward the .jdoquery question to the JDO expert group.

Regards Michael

Re: dtd and xsd files in api20

Posted by Craig Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Michael,