Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Dmitry Zagorulkin <di...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/01 11:26:04 UTC

HIVE-1555 JDBC Storage Handler

Hello everyone!

I’ve found that HIVE-1555 JDBC Storage Handler feature request was created about six years ago and still open.

Could you provide any ideas why? Is it hard to implement or is it not important feature?

Is it possible to assign this task to me?

Re: HIVE-1555 JDBC Storage Handler

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
In Apache projects people work on what interests them or is important to them, so apparently no one has been interested/motivated enough to take this on yet.

Feel free to work on it.  I see Xuefu has already assigned it to you.

Alan.