Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Dylan Hutchison <dh...@cs.washington.edu> on 2016/06/21 20:55:07 UTC

Using Iterator-Test-Harness

Hi all,

I like the structure of Accumulo's iterator-test-harness
<https://github.com/apache/accumulo/tree/master/iterator-test-harness>
module and would like to use it in my own code.  I was wondering if there
is a better alternative than (1) copying the code, (2) modifying it to suit
my own needs, (3) pushing back improvements I make if any, by
re-implementing them in the Accumulo project and filing a JIRA.

Cheers, Dylan

Re: Using Iterator-Test-Harness

Posted by Russ Weeks <rw...@newbrightidea.com>.
Hey, Dylan,

I don't think there's a really good way to achieve this because
iterator-test-harness is not yet a released artifact. But if I were you
(and I weren't too worried about sharing the code with a large group) I
think I would build + publish the Accumulo 1.8 artifacts to a local MVN
repository ("mvn install" I think will do the trick?) and then you can just
reference them in your local build file, ie.

      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.accumulo</groupId>
        <artifactId>accumulo-iterator-test-harness</artifactId>
        <version>1.8.0</version>
      </dependency>

-Russ

Posted by Dylan Hutchison <dh...@cs.washington.edu>.
Following up on this, the "local mvn install" strategy Russ suggested
works.  I even convinced Travis to do a local mvn install in its
"before_install" phase.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dylan Hutchison <dh...@cs.washington.edu>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.