Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rejaine Monteiro <re...@bhz.jamef.com.br> on 2006/11/09 20:26:53 UTC

razor and dcc : high cpu load

my system had a high cpu load with spamassassin with network tests , dcc
+ razor and fuzzy_ocr
because off this, we are considering disable razor or dcc from tests...

but we have doubt about which is better: disable razor or dcc?

any recomendations??

R: razor and dcc : high cpu load

Posted by Giampaolo Tomassoni <g....@libero.it>.
> my system had a high cpu load with spamassassin with network tests , dcc
> + razor and fuzzy_ocr
> because off this, we are considering disable razor or dcc from tests...
>
> but we have doubt about which is better: disable razor or dcc?

Isn't it better to disable fuzzy, instead?

Razor and DCC are very good wide-spectrum spam counter-measures. Fuzzy is great, too, but it's purpose is narrower.

If you prefer to disable Razor or DCC, I would suggest DCC: it is the one scoring less when hit.

Cheers,

Giampaolo

RE: razor and dcc : high cpu load

Posted by "Ring, John C" <jc...@switch.com>.
I've seen a big CPU load with pyzor, but not with razor or DCC (using
dccifd).  I'd say disable these checks one at a time to see which one is
causing the highest loads on your machine, and if your machine can't
quite handle the current load, disable the ones with the highest loads,
at least temporarily, until you are back to a level your system can
handle.

Then you can try to figure out if the results without the checks you
disabled are good enough, or if it's worth your time to try and hunt
down the issue.  (One thing to check for regarding any of the network
checks is to be certain your firewall's permitting the traffic; I could
easily see a network check failing ungracefully in such a case.)

--
John C. Ring, Jr.
jcring@switch.com

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to
govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would
be necessary." -- James Madison