Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/07 04:11:18 UTC

Re: mvn clean install

Returning to this issue, every time we run mvn clean install, JSPWiki
looks bad because of all the fckconfig.js errors at the top[1]. Might it
be better for us to just delete this file from the project?  Because
fckconfig.js doesn't work anyway[2], it's from 2008 and needs to be
replaced with ckconfig.js (which hopefully does a better job with
jslint). Also, its name--"fck"config is ugly, as it's too close to an
English obscenity.

Regards,
Glen

[1] https://builds.apache.org/job/JSPWiki/200/console
[2] http://markmail.org/message/sb7sockky7o2rzdb

Re: mvn clean install

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.
On 08/07/2013 06:10 AM, Dirk Frederickx wrote:
> I recommend to only run JSLINT on the javascript written dedicated for
> JSPWiki.  JSLINT should not be run on the external libraries ( such as
> mootools.js, prettify.js ) on which we are not having any impact anyway.

+1.  The errors reported by jshint/jslint on third-party scripts outside
of our control make us look bad on Jenkins, as some may not realize that
those aren't our scripts.

> On the long run, I propose that we would use JSHINT rather then JSLINT.
>   JSHINT is more configurable then JSLINT.
> (btw -- jshint can also be run via the wro4j maven plugin)

Whatever, I don't have an opinion on that.

Glen

Re: mvn clean install

Posted by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com>.
Currently, the jspwiki maven build is running JSLINT by default as part of
the mvn clean install.
This generates lots of errors and warnings, on the main jspwiki javascripts
files as well as the fck javascripts.

All these errors are not necessarily indicating *real* js errors.  It is
known that jslint is using a very strict set of validation rules.  These
generally help to make the js more safe, but are not always indicators of
erroneous code.

   For example: JSLint is throwing WARNINGs when you using global variables
(eg BROWSER global vars) defined elsewhere.
   EG adding following line to FCKConfig.js, will already kill most of the
JSLINT warnings.
          /*global FCKConfig, CTRL, SHIFT, ALT */

Re: mvn clean install

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.