Posted to dev@dlab.apache.org by Vira Vitanska <Vi...@epam.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/27 07:15:18 UTC

[MENTORS]: DLab Podling Report July 2019

Hello DLab mentors,

Could you please review DLab’s podling report for July and submit it for further review.

 *   Your project name

 DLab

     *   A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project or necessarily of its field

 DLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.

     *   A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation.

   1. Execute the SGA between EPAM and the ASF so code can be imported - done

   2. Complete on-boarding of initial committers - done

   3. Work toward an initial Apache release - release branch created –

 done

     *   Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of

 Not this time

     *   How has the community developed since the last report

 All initial committers have completed on-boarding. Also we've added couple of new contributors (some of them are waiting for PPMC to be created). All new contributors are currently onboarding and doing initial work to prove contribution:

- Andriy Yatskovets

- Kirill Makhonin

- Vitalii Solodilov

- Dmitriy Karbyshev

- Aliaksandr Semianets

 Also a few new contributors will start submitting their .icla files soon:

- Andrii Dumych

- Mykola Bodnar

     *   How has the project developed since the last report.

 The team fully switched our work to Apache Infrastructure: JIRA, Git.

First release has been made https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1-RC2

Team is actively working on release 2.2 features.

There will be many new features and conceptual changes introduced in upcoming release. We are introducing a concept of projects within DLab, which will allow to control permissions for groups of Dlab users, improve collaboration capabilities.

Major improvements will be made in terms of GCP platform deployment. GCP will support majority of the features, currently available in DLab for AWS and Azure Clouds.

     *   How does the podling rate their own maturity.

   [X] Initial setup

   [X] Working towards first release

   [X] Community building

   [ ] Nearing graduation

   [ ] Other:

     *   Help needed by DLab team from Apache:

 We would highly appreciate if following page could start being populated: https://incubator.apache.org/projects/dlab.html and https://incubator.apache.org/clutch/dlab.html, currently there are many URL’s missing and empty sections.

The team can provide all needed information, but unfortunately we don't ability to Edit this page.

 This should probably be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

 https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/July2019

 Thanks.

RE: [MENTORS]: DLab Podling Report July 2019

Posted by Vira Vitanska <Vi...@epam.com.INVALID>.
Hello DLab mentors,

Could you please review and submit DLab’s podling report  for July?

[...]

[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/47359?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1-RC2>
apache/incubator-dlab<https://github.com/apache/incubator-dlab/releases/tag/2.1-RC2>
github.com
Apache DLab (incubating). Contribute to apache/incubator-dlab development by creating an account on GitHub.