Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Craig Christophersen <cr...@synesis7.com> on 2004/06/07 20:11:19 UTC

Accessing attributes in the sitemap

I have set some session attributes in an action and would like to be able to access them directly in the pipeline.  I can get these attributes from another action and put them in a map for each request, but is there a way to make them available in the pipelines without calling another action? This is for having the first name and some other session type stuff available.  Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Craig Christophersen

craigch@synesis7.com

Re: Accessing attributes in the sitemap

Posted by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net>.
Craig Christophersen wrote:

> I have set some session attributes in an action and would like to be
> able to access them directly in the pipeline.  I can get these
> attributes from another action and put them in a map for each request,
> but is there a way to make them available in the pipelines without
> calling another action? This is for having the first name and some
> other session type stuff available.  Any help on this would be most
> appreciated.
>
> Craig Christophersen
>
> craigch@synesis7.com <ma...@synesis7.com>

SessionAttributeModule will be your friend. You can access a Attribute
from the session with {session-attr:foo}
(foo is the name of your object)

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/modules.html

Regards
Stephan