Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Carl Graving <cg...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/18 17:00:46 UTC

KIP-392 Allow consumers to fetch from closest replica

I was checking the release notes for 2.4.0 and noticed this KIP. Looks
pretty awesome, but I didn't see anything about streams in the KIP. I did a
quick glance at the code and also didn't see anywhere where the client.rack
for the consumer was exposed out to where it could be set from the streams.
Is it a safe assumption that streams still can only use the leader
partition? If my understanding is wrong, how do I specify the client rack
for the streams?

Thanks,
Carl

Fwd: KIP-392 Allow consumers to fetch from closest replica