Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Sidharth Mishra <si...@apache.org> on 2021/08/04 20:33:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Atlas version 2.2.0 - rc0

Atlas team,

Apache Atlas 2.2.0 release candidate #0 is now available for vote
within the dev community. Links to the release artifacts are given
below. Please review and vote.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary votes
are reached.

  [ ] +1 Approve

  [ ] +0 No opinion

  [ ] -1 Disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Sid

List of all issues addressed in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%3DATLAS%20AND%20status%3DResolved%20AND%20fixVersion%3D2.2.0%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC

Git tag for the release: https://github.com/apache/atlas/tree/release-2.2.0-rc0

Sources for the release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/atlas/2.2.0-rc0/apache-atlas-2.2.0-sources.tar.gz

Source release verification:

  PGP Signature:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/atlas/2.2.0-rc0/apache-atlas-2.2.0-sources.tar.gz.asc

  SHA512 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/atlas/2.2.0-rc0/apache-atlas-2.2.0-sources.tar.gz.sha512

  MD5 Hash:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/atlas/2.2.0-rc0/apache-atlas-2.2.0-sources.tar.gz.md5

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifacts are available
at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/atlas/KEYS

New features/enhancements:

 - Introduced Deferred Action - Tag propagation will be handled as
a background process (AtlasTask)

    - Added Re-indexing as JAVA_PATCH

    - Created JavaPatch to add new super types to existing entities

    - Supported for Business Metadata in Atlas Export API

    - Supported HA for admin/task API

    - Enhanced export service to export Terms

    - Added new models and addition attributes to Atlas for Apache
Flink, GCP and ADLS Gen 2

    - Added support to Configure HiveServer2 Hook to send Lineage-only Messages

    - Improved and enhanced Bulk Glossary Import supporting import
with relations

    - Dependency between Atlas and Kafka Zookeeper removed

    - Improved performance of GraphHelper's guid and status getter methods

    - Added new privilege - "admin-audits" for Atlas Admin Audits authorization

    - Basic search Improvements - search text with special characters,
optimize pagination

    - Updated free-text search processor to support Elasticsearch

    - Refactored and enhanced Atlas Python Client supporting Python 2.7

    - DSL Search enhancements - Support glossary terms and
relationship, can handle null attribute values, Java Tinkerpop
Traversals instead of GremlinScriptEngine, support search by
classification and its attribute, Caching mechanism for translated dsl
queries

    - Enhanced Export/Import Service to conditionally Support
Simultaneous Operations

    - Enhanced NotificationHookConsumer for Large Message Processing

    - Enhanced Atlas authorization for Add/Update/Remove
classification on entities

    - Provided option to add mandatory attribute to existing entity definition

    - Fixed Atlas UI to load faster in case of large number of
classifications & entities

    - Updated versions of dependent libraries/components: JanusGraph,
elasticsearch, JQuery, Http core, Http Client, slf4j, log4j, ant,
gremlin, Solr, groovy, netty, Kafka

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Atlas version 2.2.0 - rc0

Posted by Ashutosh Mestry <am...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hi Sid

+1 for Apache Atlas v2.2.0 RC0.

Here’s my verification:

  *   Clean build embedded-hbase-solr profile.
  *   Setup Atlas server in embedded HBase and Solr.
  *   Verified:
     *   Import via REST APIs.
     *   DSL Query performance improvement.
     *   AtlasTasks by importing data with long lineage and then verifying classification propagation.
     *   Basic search.
     *   Verified statistics page.

I have few more scenarios to run.

Best regards,

~ ashutosh

Posted by Sidharth Mishra <si...@apache.org>.
Thanks Madhan.

I have created two JIRAs to address these two issues. The fix will be
part of rc1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-4390
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-4391

Regards,