Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Giuseppe Costagliola <gi...@risorsa400.com> on 2017/01/20 10:24:19 UTC

addMergedRegion compile error at 3.14

I'm upgrading from 3.9 to 3.14 but this statement (that compiles fine at 3.9) :

sheet.addMergedRegion(new Region(rowNum-1, (short) 0,
                         rowNum-1, (short) iTitleCols));

gives this compile error with 3.14:

addMergedRegion(org.apache.poi.ss.util.CellRangeAddress) in org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFSheet cannot be applied to (org.apache.poi.hssf.util.Region)

Thanks for help.
Giuseppe.

Re: addMergedRegion compile error at 3.14

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.
Also, make sure you're recompiling your application against each version of
POI as you upgrade, as we may have unintentionally broken binary backwards
compatibility.

We're in the early stages of comparing POI releases for backwards
compatibility using JApiCmp to find unintentional source and binary API
breaks. https://builds.apache.org/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-API-Check/

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.