Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by johnw woo <si...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/11/11 10:54:16 UTC

Authentication not required after installation

Hi all,

I am trying slide 2.1 b2. I put the server-bin WAR file into /webapp and start the tomcat using window service. After starting, I use the webdav explorer to connect to http://localhost:8080/slide, but there isn't any authentication required and I can go straight in. And /files, /history is all not authenticated.

I tried to put the slide.properties in WEB-INF, conf, but it seems it didn't work.

Please give me some help.

Thanks.

Perseus

---------------------------------
Moving house? Beach bar in Thailand? New Wardrobe? Win 10k with Yahoo! Mail to make your dream a reality.

Re: Authentication not required after installation

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
How does the JAAS entry in server.xml look like? Does it contain

useContextClassLoader="false"

as attribute? It should...

Oliver

Posted by johnw woo <si...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi,

---------------------------------

Re: Authentication not required after installation

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.

Posted by johnw woo <si...@yahoo.co.uk>.

---------------------------------

Re: Authentication not required after installation

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.

Posted by Roman Novak <r....@iqsoft.at>.
Hi,

take a look at the web.xml in the slide.war

looke for this section:
    <!-- Authetication for the WebDAV servlet -->
    <!-- Uncomment this to get authentication -->
    <!--security-constraint>

good luck!