Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2014/01/14 16:54:27 UTC

How can a participant tell the controller a partition is in an error state?

Hi guys,

I have a number of participants and partitions. If the partition gets
into an inconsistent state, I want to be able to tell the controller
"hey, take this partition away from me". Is this possible?

Regards
-Ivan

Re: How can a participant tell the controller a partition is in an error state?

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
It's probably interesting to have the concept of retry. We can add a
feature where we have disable until timestamp and controller can
automatically enable it after time interval T.

What is the behavior you are looking for?

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,