Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Aaron Lewis <th...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/16 07:47:52 UTC

How should one search on all fields? *:XX does not work

Hi,

I'm trying to match all fields, so I tried this:
*:"XX"

Is that a bad practice? It does seem to be supported either

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x13714D33 - http://pgp.mit.edu/

Re: How should one search on all fields? *:XX does not work

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
On 16 October 2014 06:50, Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
> Hey, what do you think this is, Elasticsearch?!!

LoL. AFAIK, ElasticSearch does it by auto-copying all fields to _all_.
So, easy enough to replicate with a single "copyField * -> text"
instruction. With the appropriate loss of precision, analyzers, etc.

I don't think eDisMax supports '*' in the fl value, does it?
Otherwise, that would be a solution.

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Re: How should one search on all fields? *:XX does not work

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Hey, what do you think this is, Elasticsearch?!!

Or... try LucidWorks Search, which supports "ALL" as a pseudo-field name. It
supports "*" as well.

See:
https://docs.lucidworks.com/display/lweug/Field+Queries

Whether LucidWorks still supports their (my!) query parser in their new
Fusion product is unclear - I couldn't find any reference in the doc.

-- Jack Krupansky