Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Rahul Raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/08 17:22:14 UTC

Installing Apache Flink on Mesos Cluster without DC/OS

 Hi,

I am newbie in Apache Flink and our team is trying to set up an Apache
Flink Cluster on Apaches Mesos. We have already installed Apache Mesos &
Marathon with 3 Master nodes and 3 Slaves and now we are trying to install
Apache Flink without DC/OS as mentioned here
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/mesos.html#mesos-without-dcos.

I have couple of questions over here :

   1.

   Do we need to download Flink on all the nodes(master and slaves) and
   configure mesos.master in all nodes?
   2.

   Or Shall we download flink on only one master node and configure
   mesos.master over there?
   3.

   If flink needs to be downloaded on all the nodes then what should be the
   location of flink directory or if there is any script where I can specify
   that?
   4.

   Is running "mesos-appmaster.sh" on master node also responsible for
   running flink libraries and classes on slaves?

Thanks

Rahul Raj

Re: Installing Apache Flink on Mesos Cluster without DC/OS

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
You do not need to install Flink onto the nodes.   The approach used by
Flink is that the task managers download a copy of Flink from the
appmaster.  The entire installation tree of Flink is downloaded (i.e. the
bin/lib/conf directories).   The only assumed dependency is Java, which may
be provided via a Docker image or via the JAVA_HOME environment variable
(see Mesos docs for --executor_environment_variables).

Let us know if you have further questions.

Hope this helps,
Eron