Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2016/09/14 13:27:27 UTC

More frequent releases

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> wrote:
>

> it does highlight that we should release milestones more often. Perhaps we should discuss moving to a more lightweight milestone release process that doesn't include quite as many checks as a full release. Then we could do it every 2-3 months.

Huge +1. I am living in a world of Cayenne snapshots [1] and internal builds [2] (almost continuos deployment.. very modern thing to do :)). But I'd very much love to go back to official milestones. How about we prepare M4 this week? Will there be volunteers to take a release manager role? If not, I will do it.

Andrus

[1] http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/cayenne-unofficial-snapshots/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-server/4.0.M4-SNAPSHOT/
[2] http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/cayenne-unofficial/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-server/

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 15/09/2016 3:56am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I will be able to do it next week. Also, it
>> > would be nice to merge Stefan's pull-request [1] and add docker maven
>> > profiles for other databases.
> +1 on both. Your help with release will be greatly appreciated!

Here is the mail thread I kicked off which led to Stefan generously giving us that PR. It has some useful info in the thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/206a60fb8697c2bc1b7c9c44f62f9eb6a7500bb9a6b57b3bd70ebaac@%3Cbuilds.apache.org%3E

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> I will be able to do it next week. Also, it
> would be nice to merge Stefan's pull-request [1] and add docker maven
> profiles for other databases.

+1 on both. Your help with release will be greatly appreciated!

> BTW, as we discussed privately with Andrus, there are some improvements
> that we want to include in M4. Perhaps, we should move [2] to the next
> release

Agreed. This will need more attention. This PR doesn't even merge well yet.

> and remove Types Mapping section from the Reverse Engineering
> documentation [3] as it works unstable.

Yes, let's do that, and maybe open a separate Jira to finish Types Mapping feature and the docs.

Andrus

Re: More frequent releases

Posted by Savva Kolbachev <s....@gmail.com>.