Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2013/04/06 22:42:21 UTC

How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?

Hi list,

ok based on this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5COE3hYqCJk tutorial I tried to checkout the Git in IntelliJ. But I don't get it.

I created a new IntelliJ Project (Java Module) with the name "Apache Flex". Then I clicked VCS -> Checkout from Version Control -> Git

In the new PopUp I used

Dir: Apache Flex

But I get the error: "The Path /Users/marcus/Documents/IdeaProjects/Apache Flex exists. Git cannot clone to an existing directory."

Of course it exists, this is the empty project I already created. And I want to use this for the Flex SDK.

Ok, how does it work with IntelliJ 12 and Git? Has anybody an up-to-date tutorial. I would really like to help to fix some bugs in the SDK.

Thanks

Marcus Fritze

Re: How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Nick,

> I'm working on a new tutorial...  I had some time to muck around with it
> this weekend...
>
> -Nick

did you made any progress on a new tutorial? I would be very happy to hear from you. ;-)

Marcus

Re: How to compile and contribute Flex SDK in IntelliJ 12 with Git?

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Yeah, I already had to deal with them, they're really ok, I'll do that as
soon as I can.

Cheers,
-Fred

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

> I'm working on a new tutorial...  I had some time to muck around with it
> this weekend...

I redone all the process I described bellow tonight to have it mind, except
for the point 10 where it is not really important as I build via ant (IDEA)
and I copy the swc to the <copiedSdk>, everything works well to me.

> Fred, can you check to see if my push I did to the SVN-TEST file came
> through ok?

Yep

-Fred

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Well, as I said in the 1rst post, you can simplify your life using the
installer, it will install the sdk 4.9.1 for you and that's will be your
base I never tried it like that but I think it should work, you can then
start to the step 6, don't forget the 1rst step, manually clone the sdk 'git
clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/flex-sdk.git sdk'

-Fred

Posted by Marcus Fritze <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.