Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shen LI <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/16 01:32:20 UTC

How to set the number of tasks running on each slave?

How to set the number of tasks running on each slave? (e.g., 4 tasks on each
slave node)

Thanks

Re: How to set the number of tasks running on each slave?

Posted by jingguo yao <ya...@gmail.com>.
mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum: how many map tasks can be run
concurrently on a map-reduce slave node.

mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum: how many reduce tasks can be run
concurrently on a map-reduce slave node.

mapred.reduce.tasks: how many reduce task for a specific job.

mapred.map.tasks:  how many map task for a specific job. Note that this
configuration is just a lint.

--
Jingguo

Re: How to set the number of tasks running on each slave?

Posted by Wei Xue <si...@gmail.com>.