Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/10/25 20:51:42 UTC

Maybe remove the various "addSourceToJars" scripts from our distr?

The current uimaj and uima-as source distributions have included some special
"addSourceToJars" script, the intent of which is to do just that, so Eclipse
(and other IDEs) can access the source for these, conveniently.

The convention, though, is now to have the source bundled into a Jar for every
component; this is done by the standard Apache Maven common POM when
"releasing".  These sources will be available in Maven central.

I am simplifying the release process, (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1910 ) and would like to eliminate
these special scripts, with the goals of reducing our develop/release work, and
encouraging people to move toward using m2eclipse or equivalent that
automatically knows to get the source from Maven central.

Any objections?  As an alternative, we could move these scripts to the place
where we have all of our other scripts.

Please voice your views :-)

-Marshall

Re: Maybe remove the various "addSourceToJars" scripts from our distr?

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
+1
Tommaso

Posted by Thilo Götz <tw...@gmx.de>.