Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Michael Jeung <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 04:15:48 UTC

0-91 spec

Hi guys,

I notice that a couple other vendors have adopted the 0-91 amqp
specification.  (In particular, OpenAMQ supports 0-91 and RabbitMQ has
plans to support 0-91 according to its website.)

I wanted to ask - does Qpid also have plans to support the 0-91 spec?

I looked around on the website and I see that 0-8, 0-9 and 0-10 are
mentioned, but I see no mention of 0-91.  Just curious what the future
development plans for Qpid are.

Thanks!
Michael

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: 0-91 spec

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 1 March 2010 13:07, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 02/28/2010 10:15 PM, Michael Jeung wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I notice that a couple other vendors have adopted the 0-91 amqp
>> specification.  (In particular, OpenAMQ supports 0-91 and RabbitMQ has
>> plans to support 0-91 according to its website.)
>>
>> I wanted to ask - does Qpid also have plans to support the 0-91 spec?
>>
>> I looked around on the website and I see that 0-8, 0-9 and 0-10 are
>> mentioned, but I see no mention of 0-91.  Just curious what the future
>> development plans for Qpid are.
>>

> The C++ broker & some of the clients have already moved beyond 0-9
> to 0-10. There are no plans to go backwards and add old protocol
> versions to these. I believe the java broker may support 0-91 but that
> should be confirmed with Rob.
>
> Carl.

Sorry for the delayed reply...

Yes the Java client and broker should support 0-9-1 as of the upcoming (very
shortly hopefully) 0-6 release...  I've worked with the guys at Rabbit and
we have demonstrated successful interoperability between our code and theirs

Hope this helps,
Rob

Re: 0-91 spec

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.