Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by ANA FARIÑAS RODRIGUEZ <an...@yahoo.es> on 2011/03/05 19:25:43 UTC

question

Hi,

I have a IDE eclipse, WAS (Wesphere Apliccation SErver 7.0), jdk1.5. I have a repository with Maven's libraries.

When I writte  :   >>   mvn clean eclipse:eclipse , I receive some errors :

1 .-  Unable resource or not found the libraries :  icu4j.jar (6.0.1) and mq-qs 4.1. ..jar.

2.-   jre/rt.jar is not valid.

3.-  arrayoutofboundsexception

At this moment, I haven't the logs but on Monday I can catch it.

Thank you in advanced for your answer.

Re: Question on packaging types, maven-install and maven ejb/ear plugin

Posted by Pablo <pa...@anahata-it.com>.
There's also a difference between the packaging type (ejb) and the file
extension (jar) so to me there's something to do. ;)

I have created the issue in the jira [0] and attached the patch. The
CarModule currently hardcodes the changing .car to .jar.

 >> If you want to add an official support in the ear plugin, your
packaging type should be backed by the community. Is this the case?
Yes, this is just i would like. JEE spec defininf four types of modules
that can be bundled in an EAR:

   1. ejb,
   2. war,
   3. car (application client),
   4. rar (resource adapter),

I dont see why maven has not got packaging type 'car' already for app
clients..

No I was not aware of Geronimos car packaging type. but it has nothing
to do with this. To me doesn't matter calling it car or acr. (app client
archive). But I do feel is needed.

Let me know if there is anything else i can do to contribute or how to
raise the new packaging type to the community.

[0]

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEAR-137

Pablo.

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
There's a difference between the packaging type (car) and the file extension
(jar) so there's nothing to do actually.

That being said, there's already a 'car' type out there in Geronimo [1]. Are
you aware of this? If you want to add an official support in the ear plugin,

Posted by Pablo <pa...@anahata-it.com>.
Cool,

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Pablo <pa...@anahata-it.com>.
Hi,

I am trying to come out with a plugin to detect and process JEE
application clients.

I created a new packaging type called 'car' through
META-INF/plexus/components.xml
(http://maven-car-plugin.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/maven-car-plugin/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml)
and a corresponding mojo for JEE app clients. I have pretty much
followed the same steps as the maven-ejb-plugin.

The behaviour i want is the same as the maven-ejb-plugin: Defines an ejb
packaging type but the artifact gets installed in the repo as a .jar and
gets bundled in the ear as .jar too.

I believe must be configurable some how because ejb packaging type gets
installed as .jar but war packaging type produces a .war.

The problem in my case is that a .car file gets installed in the repo
and a .car file gets bundled in the ear.

Does anyone know how to make sure it gets installed in the repo as a
.jar file?

*//*

Regards,
Pablo.

RE: question

Posted by ANA FARIÑAS RODRIGUEZ <an...@yahoo.es>.

Thank you for your answer, but I have the same problem

I have the log ...

mvn clean eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse -Declipse -Dlocalds install -Dmaven.test.skip

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Project
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Common
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Data Access Layer
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Core
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Webapp
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ Webservices
[INFO]   e-Commerce Logistics ~ EAR
[INFO] Building e-Commerce Logistics ~ Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [eclipse:eclipse {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Not running eclipse plugin goal for pom project
[INFO] Adding support for WTP version 2.0.
[INFO] Using Eclipse Workspace: C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\java\jre
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v6_stub\java\jre
[INFO] no substring wtp server match.
[INFO] Using as WTP server : WebSphere Application Server v7.0
[INFO] Adding default classpath container: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAIN
ER
[INFO] Building e-Commerce Logistics ~ Common
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [eclipse:eclipse {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Adding support for WTP version 2.0.
[INFO] Using Eclipse Workspace: C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\java\jre
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v6_stub\java\jre
[INFO] no substring wtp server match.
[INFO] Using as WTP server : WebSphere Application Server v7.0
[INFO] Adding default classpath container: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAIN
ER
[WARNING] POM for 'com.ibm.icu:icu4j:pom:3.4.4:compile' is invalid.
Its dependencies (if any) will NOT be available to the current build.
[INFO] Wrote settings to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace\logistics2\common\.settings\
org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
[INFO] Wrote Eclipse project for "eclogistics-common" to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\worksp
ace\logistics2\common.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building e-Commerce Logistics ~ Data Access Layer
[...]
[INFO] Wrote settings to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace\logistics2\dal\.settings\org
.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
[INFO] Wrote Eclipse project for "eclogistics-dal" to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace
\logistics2\dal.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building e-Commerce Logistics ~ Core
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [eclipse:eclipse {execution: default-cli}]
[INFO] Adding support for WTP version 2.0.
[INFO] Using Eclipse Workspace: C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\java\jre
[WARNING] Workspace defines a VM that does not contain a valid jre/lib/rt.jar: C
:\IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v6_stub\java\jre
[INFO] no substring wtp server match.
[INFO] Using as WTP server : WebSphere Application Server v7.0
[INFO] Adding default classpath container: org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAIN
ER
Downloading: file:////axinic/mavenrepo/com/ibm/mq-jms/6.0.1.1/mq-jms-6.0.1.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.ibm:mq-jms:pom:6.0.1.1' in repository Indite
x (file:////axinic/mavenrepo)
Downloading: http://repository.jboss.org/maven2//com/ibm/mq-jms/6.0.1.1/mq-jms-6
.0.1.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.ibm:mq-jms:pom:6.0.1.1' in repository jboss
(http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/)
Downloading: http://ejb3unit.sourceforge.net/maven2/com/ibm/mq-jms/6.0.1.1/mq-jm
s-6.0.1.1.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.ibm:mq-jms:pom:6.0.1.1' in repository ejb3un
it (http://ejb3unit.sourceforge.net/maven2)
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/ibm/mq-jms/6.0.1.1/mq-jms-6.0.1.1
.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource 'com.ibm:mq-jms:pom:6.0.1.1' in repository centra
l (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[WARNING] POM for 'com.ibm.icu:icu4j:pom:3.4.4:compile' is invalid.
Its dependencies (if any) will NOT be available to the current build.
[INFO] Wrote settings to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace\logistics2\core\.settings\or
g.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs
[INFO] Wrote Eclipse project for "eclogistics-core" to C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspac
e\logistics2\core.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building e-Commerce Logistics ~ Webapp
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] [buildnumber:create {execution: default}]
[INFO] Checking for local modifications: skipped.
[INFO] Updating project files from SCM: skipped.
[INFO] Executing: cmd.exe /X /C "svn --non-interactive info"
[INFO] Working directory: C:\IBM\WCDE_ENT7\workspace\logistics2\web
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Index: 0, Size: 0
[INFO] Trace
        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:546)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.build.CreateMojo.getRevision(CreateMojo.java:581)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.build.CreateMojo.execute(CreateMojo.java:414)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:490)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:694)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecy
cle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1205)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(Def
aultLifecycleExecutor.java:1038)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:643)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:569)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:180)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:6
0)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
[INFO] Total time: 8 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 07 09:20:13 CET 2011
[INFO] Final Memory: 19M/34M

Thank you.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.