Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Nathan Vander Wilt <na...@calftrail.com> on 2012/11/27 23:10:39 UTC

Best way to disable compaction for a database?

I'm happy with the default "compactions" setting for most of my databases (e.g. db_fragmentation 70%) but would like to turn autocompaction off for a particular database. What is the recommended way of doing this? If I set _config/compactions/mydb to "[{db_fragmentation, "100%"}]" will that have the desired effect, or is there a more explicit parameter for disabling?

thanks,
-natevw

Re: Best way to disable compaction for a database?

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.
Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:

> I'm happy with the default "compactions" setting for most of my databases (e.g. db_fragmentation 70%) but would like to turn autocompaction off for a particular database. What is the recommended way of doing this? If I set _config/compactions/mydb to "[{db_fragmentation, "100%"}]" will that have the desired effect, or is there a more explicit parameter for disabling?

I'm not sure, but I'd like to know why you want to disable automatic compaction for a particular database. Maybe there's another way to scratch your itch.

Nils.