Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com> on 2012/12/06 00:28:52 UTC

How to call a Wicket Ajax click event

Wicket 6.3

How do I call a click event on an AjaxLink from via jQuery or
JavaScript?  I have an AjaxLink that I have added to the page and after
I run some JavaScript, I want to pragmatically click the link with
JavaScript.  This broke when updating from Wicket 1.5 to 6.  It appears
that the onclick attribute is no longer on my link and I am not sure how
to call the events that Wicket has registered in the head.

--
Jered Myers

Re: How to call a Wicket Ajax click event

Posted by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.
I am able to make this work in a Quickstart, so there must be something
else wrong.  Thanks for the response Martin.

Here is code if anybody wants an example:
Java:
         AjaxLink<Void> standardAjaxLink = new
AjaxLink<Void>("standardAjaxLink")
         {

             @Override
             public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
             {
                 target.appendJavaScript("alert('The standard ajax link
has been clicked');");
             }
         };
         standardAjaxLink.setOutputMarkupId(true);
         add(standardAjaxLink);

         Form<Void> form = new Form<Void>("pageForm");
         add(form);

         AjaxSubmitLink ajaxSubmitLink = new
AjaxSubmitLink("ajaxSubmitLink")
         {

             @Override
             public void onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget target, Form<?> form)
             {
                 target.appendJavaScript("alert('The ajax submit link
has been subimtted');");
             }
         };
         form.add(ajaxSubmitLink);

HTML:
         <script>
             function clickTheAjaxLink() {
                 $("a[linkType=standard]").triggerHandler("click");
             }
             function clickTheAjaxSubmitLink() {
                 $("a[linkType=submit]").triggerHandler("click");
             }
         </script>
Link</a> <a wicket:id="standardAjaxLink" linktype="standard">Standard
Ajax Link</a>
Ajax Submit Link</a>
             <form wicket:id="pageForm">
                 <input type="text" value="Some Data"></input>
                 <a wicket:id="ajaxSubmitLink" linktype="submit">Submit
Form</a>
             </form>

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Wicket 6 uses jQuery.on() to register the event listeners.
If your AjaxSubmitLink listens on 'click' then
jQuery('#theSubmitLinkId').triggerHandler('click') should do it.
Also check the docs of jQuery#trigger

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:53 AM, Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>wrote:

> The link here is actually an AjaxSubmitLink and not an AjaxLink.  I am
> trying to get back to the onSubmit on the server side.  I saw
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.**n4.nabble.com/Wicket-6-Ajax-**
> Behaviors-td4654398.html<http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Wicket-6-Ajax-Behaviors-td4654398.html>,
> but $(mylink).triggerHandler('**click') doesn't seem to be working. Do I
> treat the trigger on an AjaxSubmitLink different from a regular AjaxLink?
>

> On 12/05/2012 03:28 PM, Jered Myers wrote:
>
>> Wicket 6.3
>>
>> How do I call a click event on an AjaxLink from via jQuery or JavaScript?
>>  I have an AjaxLink that I have added to the page and after I run some
>> JavaScript, I want to pragmatically click the link with JavaScript.  This
>> broke when updating from Wicket 1.5 to 6.  It appears that the onclick
>> attribute is no longer on my link and I am not sure how to call the events
>> that Wicket has registered in the head.

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development

Re: How to call a Wicket Ajax click event

Posted by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com>.