Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Da...@sinnerschrader.de on 2001/11/30 14:37:42 UTC

question on namespaces an encodingstyles

Hi there,

my service runs fine.
But the response looks different like I thougth.
My question is, if it is possible to validate the response on the
serverside
against an xml schema?

the following is a snippet of the response from my service

<Catalog xmlns:ns2="http://ditli:8080/webservices/ns" xsi:type
="ns2:Catalog">
     <Products xmlns:ns3="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xsi:type="ns3:Array" ns3:arrayType="ns2:Product[21]">
          <item xsi:type="ns2:Product">
               <orderNumber xsi:type
="xsd:string">61815168-6973</orderNumber>
               <imageUrl xsi:type="xsd:string" xsi:null="true"/>
               <name xsi:type="xsd:string">Macro kilo grün
Lederflasche</name>
               <price xsi:type="xsd:double">71.58</price>
               <description xsi:type="xsd:string">Gute
Verarbeitungsqulität wie man es von einem Produkt dieser Preisklasse
erwarten kann. </description>
               <id xsi:type="xsd:int">6973</id>
          </item>
     </Products>
</Catalog>

What can I do to make this look like this.... (this is the xml which I
build and validate against my xml schema)

<Catalog xmlns="http://ditli:8080/webservices/ns" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="
http://ditli:8080/webservices/ns
Z:\_DA\pShopService\catalog.xsd">
  <Products>
    <Product>
      <ID>1</ID>
      <Name>head</Name>
      <Price>22.99</Price>
    </Product>
  </Products>
</Catalog>

Can someone please help me, or give me a hint where I can search or
read about the usage of namespaces and encodingstyles within SOAP.

thx for your help.

daniel

SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH
Communication & Technology

mailto:d.wolff@sinnerschrader.com
http://www.sinnerschrader.com
fon +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-0
fax +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-55
gasstrasse 8-16 | 22761 hamburg | germany