Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com> on 2006/01/05 13:32:44 UTC

Hibernate in Cocoon

Has anyone interfaced with Hibernate in a pipeline? Did you write a
transformer, call JavaFlow or something else?
I'm thinking of using the Hibernate XML export feature to load objects
into my pipeline (inside a transformer). I'd certainly appreciate
hearing about any existing work in this area.

David

Re: Hibernate in Cocoon

Posted by Jason Johnston <co...@lojjic.net>.
David Kavanagh wrote:
> Has anyone interfaced with Hibernate in a pipeline? Did you write a
> transformer, call JavaFlow or something else?
> I'm thinking of using the Hibernate XML export feature to load objects
> into my pipeline (inside a transformer). I'd certainly appreciate
> hearing about any existing work in this area.

I assume you've seen
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonAndHibernateTutorial and the other
resources found by googling for "cocoon hibernate".  It looks like most
of these use Hibernate by calling it from Flow to get back a javabean
and use that in jxtemplate/cforms.  I didn't see anything about
Hibernate's XML export feature (sorry I'm not familiar with this
feature) but it shouldn't be difficult to do that from Flow.