Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by jamsterdam <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 01:14:50 UTC

Boot derby with missing containers, ERROR 40XD2

Hi all,

I accidentally deleted a few of the disk pages files in /seg0 and now I get
the following error when trying to start the database:

ERROR 40XD2: Container Container(0, 560) cannot be opened; it either has
been dropped or does not exist.

Is there a way to force boot the database even though the data may be
inconsistent? I don't think the data was backed up ever before, or at least
I cannot find where it could have been backed up.

Any suggestions?

Re: Boot derby with missing containers, ERROR 40XD2

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I suspect you're out of luck, but have a look at this page, perhaps there's
something you can salvage...

https://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DatabaseCorruption

Myrna