Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by hl...@attbi.com on 2003/01/24 19:14:45 UTC

1.4 DTD

So, I'm trying to come up with the correct public and system id for the
Tapestry DTDs.

Currently, they are:

"-//Howard Lewis Ship//Tapestry Specification 1.4//EN"
and
"http://tapestry.sf.net/dtd/Tapestry_1_4.dtd"

The system id should probably be

"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Tapestry_1_4.dtd"
because that is the correct final location for the DTD.  DTD's dont *have* to
be available at their system ID URL, but it helps a number of editors if they
are.

The public id is trickier, perhaps:

"-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry Specification 1.4//EN"

In other words, swap "Apache Software Foundation" for "Howard Lewis Ship".

Most other projects I've seen don't have this issue, because they don't use
validated DTDs the way Tapestry does.

--
hlship@attbi.com

http://jakata.apache.org/proposals/tapestry