Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi - US <an...@allegronetworks.com> on 2002/08/24 00:56:17 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3 + Apache1.3.26 and mod_webapp timing problem

Hi

I am running Apache1.3.26 and Tomcat4.0.3 on a NetBSD platform.

Apache1.3.26 is just being used as HTTPS provider (because for HTTPS
Tomcat4.0.3 standalone and JSSE are very slow).

I successfully compiled mod_webapp.so for the platform.

After some teething troubles I was able to get the three products working.

The issues that I have are:
1. Tomcat needs to be be up and running before Apache can be started
otherwise this combination does not work. Is there a way that I can know
that Tomcat and its WarpConnector are up ? that way I can programatically
start Apache later.

2. mod_webapp seems to have a bug that we need to specify a trailing "/"
after the application-name. for e.g. http://hostname/examples won't work and
http://hostname/examples/ works

thanks

Animesh