Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Stevenson <ho...@ytfc.com> on 2004/08/25 19:35:14 UTC

Re: [ANN] brief nested example war and article (keeping lists in scope)

On 25/8/04 11:43, "Rick Reumann" <st...@reumann.net> wrote:

> I also added a very small war and some brief explanation of using both
> the nested tag and JSTL for working with nested beans in your forms.

Looks very useful, thanks.

One thing though: The WAR file I grabbed from that page seems to have a
garbled index.jsp in it?  The other files are OK.

Re: Container Managed authentication question

Posted by Bill Siggelkow <bi...@bellsouth.net>.
struts Dude wrote:
> hi
> Using container managed authentication, can i relay request parameters(i.e.
> username & password) to
> loginAction after successful authentication?
>
> Because I want to construct a User bean and add it to Session after
> successful authentication
> but request parameters seem to get lost.
>

> Thanks
You can get the user's name using request.getUserPrincipal().getName();
however, for security reasons, you cannot get the user's password. If
you must have the password, then you may need to use application-managed
security (or SecurityFilter).

Bill Siggelkow

Container Managed authentication question

Posted by Rick Reumann <st...@reumann.net>.
David Stevenson wrote:

> One thing though: The WAR file I grabbed from that page seems to have a
> garbled index.jsp in it?  The other files are OK.

Sorry about that. Should be ok to download. Please let me know if there
are any other issues with the downloads or links not working etc. Thanks
so much.

--
Rick