Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/20 19:13:52 UTC

Glue block problem

Peter here is a real weird thing:

After a long break I am testing the Glue block again.  Actually a new
Glue 2.01 and the latest phoenix.  Phoenix barfs on load:

     'Block named "glue-soapification" failed to pass through the
Creation stage.
     (Reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
electric/registry/RegistryException).'

This is odd as the jar is definately in SAR-INF/lib.

Just to eliminate some hidden dependancy, I have given the Glue block a
main method and tested it outside Phoenix.  With this test, it loads
fine and barfs when it tries to invoke absent logging.

The jars for Glue (necessary to build the 'Glue' and
'glue-soapification' blocks) are got from
http://www.themindelectric.com/products/download/download.html and
placed in Cornerstone's lib directory.

Peter, could you take a look at this and tell me what I am doing
wrong... :-)

Regards,

- Paul H

Re: Glue block problem

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Incze,

>I've had many problems with glue when installed in WebSphere 3.5.x environment.
>(The first problem was of course that this WS is jdk1.2.2 and glue heavily
>depends on dynamic proxies. But found on the net a clean java solution which
>implements the dynamic proxy with java introspection). But the other part
>of problems was with class loaders. I could get it work only when the
>service interfaces to be bound was at the same classloader level where
>the servlet.jar was loaded. - Don't know, why and I may be wrong. But it's
>fact that when I've put both the glue jars and the service interface jars
>into the (in apache terms) the "common" lib, it started to work. (It's
>glue 1.3)

I can confirm that the demo still works with Glue 1.3 but not Glue
2.01.. I'll take it up with Graham Glass...

- Paul

Re: Glue block problem

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 06:13:52PM +0000, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter here is a real weird thing:
>
> After a long break I am testing the Glue block again.  Actually a new
> Glue 2.01 and the latest phoenix.  Phoenix barfs on load:
>
>      'Block named "glue-soapification" failed to pass through the
> Creation stage.
>      (Reason: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> electric/registry/RegistryException).'
>
> This is odd as the jar is definately in SAR-INF/lib.
>
> Just to eliminate some hidden dependancy, I have given the Glue block a
> main method and tested it outside Phoenix.  With this test, it loads
> fine and barfs when it tries to invoke absent logging.
>
> The jars for Glue (necessary to build the 'Glue' and
> 'glue-soapification' blocks) are got from
> http://www.themindelectric.com/products/download/download.html and
> placed in Cornerstone's lib directory.
>
> Peter, could you take a look at this and tell me what I am doing
> wrong... :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> - Paul H

I've had many problems with glue when installed in WebSphere 3.5.x environment.
(The first problem was of course that this WS is jdk1.2.2 and glue heavily
depends on dynamic proxies. But found on the net a clean java solution which
implements the dynamic proxy with java introspection). But the other part
of problems was with class loaders. I could get it work only when the
service interfaces to be bound was at the same classloader level where
the servlet.jar was loaded. - Don't know, why and I may be wrong. But it's
fact that when I've put both the glue jars and the service interface jars
into the (in apache terms) the "common" lib, it started to work. (It's
glue 1.3)

incze