Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Franchuk, Alex" <af...@LGSInnovations.com> on 2015/11/10 23:06:14 UTC

Java broker queue configuration

Hello all,

With the Java broker, is there any way to configure a queue such that all consumers will by default have mode 'copy'? I have a Javascript application connecting through WebSockets, and I need each client to be able to browse a certain queue. I'm using the Kaazing AMQP Javascript library, which uses AMQP 0-9-1. I've tried a number of approaches on the client side, but I can't seem to get the consumer to be regarded as a browsing consumer.

Alternatively, is it possible to directly specify distribution/consume mode to be 'copy' through a AMQP 0-9-1 client?

Thanks,

Alex Franchuk | Associate Software Engineer
LGS Innovations
O (973) 261-9381
afranchuk@lgsinnovations.com<ma...@lgsinnovations.com>

Re: Java broker queue configuration

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Kaazing AMQP JavaScript library, but
in order to make a single consumer act as a "browser", the AMQP
Basic.Consume method sent by the client needs to have the following key,
value pair present within the "arguments" field table (passed as the 8th
argument to Basic.Consume):

"x-filter-no-consume" -> "true"

Alternatively if you are using the latest version (0.32) of the broker,
there is a queue level setting which will force all consumers on the queue
to be browsers.  I don't believe that the attribute can be modified via the
http management console, but if you are using json configuration then you
can just edit the config for the queue to include

"ensureNondestructiveConsumers" : true,

Hope this helps,
Rob