Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/01/17 12:08:36 UTC

[PLAN] Release of 2.1

Hi Cocooners,

I think it's now time (again) to plan the 2.1 release.
Yes, I know we did this several times in the past and we
moved the date. But we always had good reasons for it :)

I updated the planning docs. Is there anything more
that has to be done before a 2.1 release? Then please
add it to the list.

I suggest to make a 2.1alpha in two weeks and a beta
then in march.

What do you think?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG

RE: [PLAN] Release of 2.1

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Hi Cocooners,
> >
> > I think it's now time (again) to plan the 2.1 release.
> > Yes, I know we did this several times in the past and we
> > moved the date. But we always had good reasons for it :)
> >
> > I updated the planning docs. Is there anything more
> > that has to be done before a 2.1 release? Then please
> > add it to the list.
> >
> > I suggest to make a 2.1alpha in two weeks and a beta
> > then in march.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> I don't want to rain on the party but I would not feel that comfortable
> with a release (even if alpha and with all disclaimers attached) right
> before a very important pending vote on the semantics of the hooks
> between the sitemap and the flow layer.
>
> I hope you see my concerns.

Yes, I agree, but I have the hope that this is solved by then. If not,
ok, we wait until it's solved.

Carsten

Re: [PLAN] Release of 2.1

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.