Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 00:39:06 UTC

Metrics for custom modules

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned, but is it possible to reuse
Mesos's metric system for custom modules?

For context, we are planning to turn on some agent-side modules at many
machines, but we face the question of how we'll monitor their behavior: we
can reinvent some wheels to export metrics by ourselves (or probably even
use libprocess code), but I wonder whether Mesos should provide an easier
solution to allow metrics be reported to the same metrics system of
master/agent (either merged with standard metrics, or reported separately).

Any thought about this?

--
Cheers,

Zhitao Li

Re: Metrics for custom modules

Posted by Zhitao Li <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joseph,

That sounds great! Let me test this out.

Any gotcha that I should be careful of? (internal locking, performance,
conflict, etc etc).

Thanks.

Posted by Joseph Wu <jo...@mesosphere.io>.