Posted to user@flink.apache.org by AndreaKinn <ki...@hotmail.it> on 2017/09/13 13:54:46 UTC

Can't start cluster

Hi,
I'm trying to deploy on a flink cluster the jar of my program.
Unfortunately I have a problem when I call on the first node:

> root@giordano-2-2-100-1:~# sudo
> ./flink-1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/bin/start-cluster.sh
> Starting cluster.
> find: ‘/home/giordano/flink-1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/lib’: No
> such file or directory
> [ERROR] Flink distribution jar not found in
> /home/giordano/flink-1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/lib.
> find: ‘/home/giordano/flink-1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/log’: No
> such file or directory
> Starting jobmanager daemon on host giordano-2-2-100-1.
> /home/giordano/flink-1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/bin/flink-daemon.sh:
> line 123: /home/giordano/flink->
> 1.3.2/flink-dist/src/main/flink-bin/log/flink-root-jobmanager-1-giordano-2-2-100-1.out:
> No such file or directory

I installed Flink on the cluster using the following guide and without
errors:  flink cluster setup guide
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.8/cluster_setup.html>
anyway I haven't followed the section about HDFS installation (it is not
fundamental, right?)

Re: Can't start cluster

Posted by Mar_zieh <m....@gmail.com>.
Hello

I have two question, would you please answer to me?
Please tell me "what is "pyflink.bat" for?" Does Flink support python or
not?
Moreover, I want to have multiprocessing with Flink on windows. Is it
possible?

Thank you in advance

Re: Can't start cluster

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mar_zieh,

For questions about Python, you can ask Chesnay, I try to answer.

Pyflink.bat is a script for running Flink programs for flink-python*.jar.
You can see the implementation of it. Flink supports Jython.
Also, if Python is your main programming language, you can try using the
Apache Beam Python SDK + Flink Runner, which seems to be a better choice.

You can let Flink run on windnows (JVM is cross-platform), but it is not
recommended, it is recommended to run on unix/linux.

Thanks, vino.

Mar_zieh <m....@gmail.com> 于2018年10月15日周一 下午9:07写道:

Re: Can't start cluster

Re: Can't start cluster

Posted by AndreaKinn <ki...@hotmail.it>.
SOLVED using binaries.

Re: Can't start cluster

Posted by AndreaKinn <ki...@hotmail.it>.
Just a question:

From download page I have to download binaries or source package?

Re: Can't start cluster

Posted by AndreaKinn <ki...@hotmail.it>.
I followed the guide to install flink on the cluster but no one target folder
appears in /flink-dist

> giordano@giordano-2-2-100-1:~/flink-1.3.2/flink-dist$ ls
> pom.xml  src

Actually there are no results finding target folder
> giordano@giordano-2-2-100-1:~$ find . -name target
> giordano@giordano-2-2-100-1:~$

Eron Wright wrote

Re: Can't start cluster