Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zeno Davatz <zd...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/26 16:40:34 UTC

[users@httpd] compiling mod_ruby on Windows with apxs and MinGW or VisualStudio with Apache 2.2.17

Hi

I am looking for some willing and competent help to compile mod_ruby
(http://modruby.net) on Windows using MinGW or Visual Studio.

The goal is that mod_ruby.so has to load and run correctly with Apache
2.2.17 on Windows.

My general question would also be: Can I load mod_ruby.so that was
compiled with MinGW on Windows into the standard Apache 2.2.17 for
Windows. As far as I know, Apache is compiled on Windows using Visual
Studio, meaning using cl.exe. So I guess the answer here would be _no_
but I have not found any confirmation in that direction yet.

I am willing to pay to get this done.

I guess the VisualStudio Way is the easier way.

Thank you for your Feedback.

You may contact me offlist as well.

Best
Zeno