Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro> on 2011/02/12 09:58:10 UTC

write permission on ZooKeeper Wiki?

Hi,

I wanted to add kafka[1] to the PoweredBy[2] page in the ZK wiki, but didn't
find any edit button. I'm logged in.

[1] http://sna-projects.com/kafka
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/PoweredBy

By the way: Do you know more projects that use ZooKeeper and are not yet
listed on the PoweredBy page? I could use this list for a talk I'm preparing.

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

Re: write permission on ZooKeeper Wiki?

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
Ben that all sounds right to me. Thanks for making this happen!

I got pinged on twitter - the old wiki pages still exist. Is there
some way for us to sunset these pages? Perhaps update them all to
point to the new pages on cwiki? (or at least tell them the page is
stale and point to the toplevel cwiki, we don't want to lose the
google juice).

Patrick

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Ben,

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

  The facebook messaging service that they launched 2-3 months ago,
uses zookeeper. There are others as well but unfortunately we cant put
this up on the powered by page unless folks who are these power users
agree to put this up on the website.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=454991608919

Its really unfortunate that the powered by page of zookeeper is very
under represented.

thanks
mahadev

Posted by Ertio Lew <er...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, by mistake, I mailed to this thread instead of creating a new..

Posted by Thomas Koch <th...@koch.ro>.
Flavio Junqueira:

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Hi Thomas, It is good for us as a community to have a long PoweredBy
page, but my preference would be to let the developers of applications
include themselves their applications. We know of a number of
applications, but the developers might not necessarily want to have
their projects on our wiki page for whatever reason.

This message actually could be seen as a call for developers to add
their projects to the page.

-Flavio

On Feb 12, 2011, at 9:58 AM, Thomas Koch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to add kafka[1] to the PoweredBy[2] page in the ZK wiki,
> but didn't
> find any edit button. I'm logged in.
>
> [1] http://sna-projects.com/kafka
> [2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/PoweredBy
>
> By the way: Do you know more projects that use ZooKeeper and are not
> yet
> listed on the PoweredBy page? I could use this list for a talk I'm
> preparing.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

flavio
junqueira

research scientist

fpj@yahoo-inc.com
direct +34 93-183-8828

phone (408) 349 3300    fax (408) 349 3301