Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de> on 2018/05/25 11:36:06 UTC

AjaxRequestHandler sends redirect if update contains a page

Hi,

I was wondering why AjaxRequestHandler sends a redirect when I add a page to
the ART.

I understand that for most cases it does not make sense to add the whole
page, but I'm just lucky enough to be on one of those situation.
Our page is being integrated in a third party page via JQuery.load(). At
some point we replace the current session and I want to re-render the whole
page to update the session urls.

A redirect sends me straight to our application, loosing the third party
page.

Since I was /intentionally adding the page to the ART/, shouldn't it be
treated as any other component?

Thanks,

Ravi

--
Sent from: http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Users-forum-f1842947.html

Re: AjaxRequestHandler sends redirect if update contains a page

Posted by Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de>.
Hi Martin,

a colleague also gave me the hint regarding the need of a markupId to
replace an element.
Makes perfect sense, thanks for clarification :)

-Ravi

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 2:36 PM, Ravi <ra...@intellinet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering why AjaxRequestHandler sends a redirect when I add a page
> the ART.
>
> I understand that for most cases it does not make sense to add the whole
> page, but I'm just lucky enough to be on one of those situation.
> Our page is being integrated in a third party page via JQuery.load(). At
> some point we replace the current session and I want to re-render the whole
> page to update the session urls.
>
> A redirect sends me straight to our application, loosing the third party
> page.
>
> Since I was /intentionally adding the page to the ART/, shouldn't it be
> treated as any other component?

A component that can be updated with Ajax must have a markup id. It may add
or replace JS/CSS in the <head>, but not remove such!

and maybe also update the url because if this is the same page type then
maybe the parameters are different, or maybe the page type is different
than the current one and the mount point is different. All this is possible
with modern browsers but there might be complications.