Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by John <li...@johndubchak.com> on 2008/04/23 12:29:47 UTC

Database Pool Deploy Failing

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a database connection pool in Geronimo 2.1 running
on linux under JDK 1.6.  I'm setting up a basic connection pool for
PostgreSQL 8.1.x and had the Database Pool Wizard download the
appropriate driver.  I then set up the database parameters and performed
a successful connection test.  However, when I deploy the connection
pool using a database pool name of "jdbc/PoolName" (without the quotes),
I get the following error:

Error Deploying: Unable to deploy: jdbc/PoolName - see the log for details

When I checked the log files, I don't see any reason why the deployment
failed.  After, changing the log level to DEBUG and attempting the
deployment once again, I produced the following log file:

05:20:41,397 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase]  Calling hasUserDataPermission()
05:20:41,397 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase]  Calling authenticate()
05:20:41,397 DEBUG [FormAuthenticator] Already authenticated 'system'
05:20:41,398 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase]  Calling accessControl()
05:20:41,398 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase]  Successfully passed all security
constraints
05:20:41,404 DEBUG [ManagerBase] Start expire sessions StandardManager
at 1208946041404 sessioncount 0
05:20:41,405 DEBUG [ManagerBase] End expire sessions StandardManager
processingTime 1 expired sessions: 0
05:20:41,477 DEBUG [CoyoteAdapter]  Requested cookie session id is
9A814535D7EC3D4C18A908B6DD34C6B2
05:20:41,477 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase] Security checking request GET
/console/favicon.ico
05:20:41,477 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase] We have cached auth type FORM for
principal org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.JAASTomcatPrincipal@1fc6f6a
05:20:41,477 DEBUG [AuthenticatorBase]  Not subject to any constraint
05:20:41,545 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
found for portletId: '/system-database.DBWizard!1134683811|0'

It seems like I'm doing this correctly, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,
John

Re: Database Pool Deploy Failing

Posted by John <li...@johndubchak.com>.
Deployed console.dbpool/MailSystem/1.0/rar

Thanks David.  I appreciate your help.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
You can't include "/" in your groupId or artifactId.  You can in the
datasource name, but not in the components of the module's id.

hope this is clear enough :-)

thanks
david jencks

Posted by John <li...@johndubchak.com>.