Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/02 22:17:09 UTC

Pair kerning

Hi,

Is there something special to do to enable pair kerning with batik?

I made a very simple SVG file with only the text "AV".

If I open the file with inkscape, the upper left of the V character is more to the left than the lower right of the A character, which is what is expected when pair kerning is enabled.

If I open the same file with batik, they are almost aligned on a same vetical line.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Oscar

---------------------------------

Re: Pair kerning

Posted by Oscar Picasso <os...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I set explicitly a particular font family in the file (Aachen-Bold).

Oscar

thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote: Hi Oscar,

Oscar Picasso  wrote on 02/02/2006 04:17:09 PM:

> Is there something special to do to enable pair kerning with batik?

   No, AFAIK it is always enabled.

> I made a very simple SVG file with only the text "AV".
>
> If I open the file with inkscape, the upper left of the V character is
more to
> the left than the lower right of the A character, which is what is
expected
> when pair kerning is enabled.
>
> If I open the same file with batik, they are almost aligned on a same
vetical line.

> Any idea?

  Kerning is a function of the font that is used.  Is it possible
that Inkscape is using a different default font than Batik?

Re: Pair kerning

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Oscar,