Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Thierry Lam <la...@pcigeomatics.com> on 2005/04/25 22:51:41 UTC

Thread run method

I'm a bit confused on how the new Thread::run(...) method works.  Can I
see an example of it? I'm using the latest CVS version from Friday April
22nd.

Thierry

Re: Thread run method

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
The Thread and related classes are not intend for external use and are
in the process of elimination.  They attempted to mimic the JVM
thread-related classes sufficiently to allow threaded appender to be
ported.  However, adding yet another layer of abstraction on the
platform threading made understanding the behavior even more
complication.  The intention is to rely on the APR threading
abstraction.  The obsolete classes are still in the code base until
there use can be eliminated.  If you need an abstraction on the
platform threading, I would suggest using APR.