Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org> on 2005/04/13 16:54:43 UTC

port number

Hi everyone,

I host applications on a machine where both apache and tomcat are
running. I access apache at port 80 and tomcat at 8080. Is it possible
(using the tomcat apache connection, or some other way) to access both
at port 80? I ask because of firewall issues: port 80 seems to be the
"Holy Grail" of accessibility: everything else depends on the local
firewall configuration.

Tomislav

Re: port number

Posted by Viorel Dragomir <vd...@wylog.com>.
Look for mod_jk how to.
It's a connector that can send .jsp or servlets requests from apache to tomcat.

Viorel Dragomir

.
..

Re: port number

Posted by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org>.
Tim Funk wrote:

> You need let apache "forward" the appropriate requests to tomcat. The
> different ways you can do that can be found here:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/connectors.html
>
> -Tim

Thank you for the informative link: I'll try to set up such a
configuration and see what happens.

Tomislav

Re: port number

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Re: port number

Posted by Joe Plautz <jo...@customcall.com>.
Just user the jk connector. The work famously together. Obviously you're
not running tomcat on port 80, but you don't need to.

Here's the link on setting it up.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/index.html