Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2019/09/13 09:56:10 UTC

Re: Time for a release? Call for release engineers...

Just wanna say GREAT WORK to you Arjan. So awesome to see someone else
doing the releases and with close-to-zero assistance needed.

How did you find the release guide? Was anything missing or inaccurate?

Posted by Arjan Seijkens Hagemans <ar...@gmail.com>.
Well, at some points the release guide was missing some details, but I
was able to fill in the gaps mostly by digging around a bit.

There is a bit of an inconsistency with the
MetaModel-full-[VERSION]-packaged.zip file, I renamed it to
MetaModel-[VERSION]-packaged.zip (so without the "full-") before
uploading it, because that was how it was done for the previous two
releases, but then, when updating the website I saw that the links to
the binary zips for 5.3.0 and 5.2.0 on the site were incorrect, so I
updated these too.

It took quite some time to figure stuff out, but it was a good
exercise and I think that next time it won't take that much time.

Kind regards,
Arjan Seijkens