Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by FH <fh...@usa.net> on 2006/09/08 15:42:43 UTC

How does one go about finding a specific application?

We are trying to setup what will essentially be a data vault (something people
can log into from anywhere and d/l and u/l documents securely via a browser --
additional desired features would be user/group management/permissions, maybe
on disk encryption but that's not as important as the basic functionality).
Before going about configuring something via apache (which is not on the
machine I have in mind to use) I thought I'd see if such an application has
already been created for tomcat (which is on the machine).  I've tried a
variety of searchs in yahoo and google but I'm just not seeing the information
I'm looking for (either a generic listing of what sort of applications are
available for tomcat or hopefully the "data vault" application we are looking
for).  Does such a list exist or how do people usually go about finding
specific applications to link into Tomcat?  Has anyone heard of an application
like the one we are looking for?

Thanks,
Forrest

Re: How does one go about finding a specific application?

Posted by Garthfield Carter <to...@webconexion.net>.
freshmeat.net
sourceforge.net

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Asking us is one avenue :-)

Sounds like you are looking for a Document Management System or DMS.
Magnolia comes to mind.  It's a CMS (Content Management System), but the
DMS function will be free in version 3.0 to be released soon.  Doing a
search for dms or document management system should offer other options.

--David