Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Michael Hüttermann <mi...@huettermann.net> on 2009/08/26 19:54:54 UTC

quiete mode for
Hello,

how can I use the tasks cvs, exec and xslt in a quiet mode, that the
complete output is only written to a file or totally hidden/deleted?

Or: how can I configure an Ant script to write all its output to a file,
or delete it completely? Then, it has to be configured inside the script,
working with something like "ant > log.txt" does not work in my context.

Thank you.

Best regards
Michael

--
http://huettermann.net

Re: quiete mode for Posted by Gilbert Rebhan <an...@schillbaer.de>.
Michael Hüttermann schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> how can I use the tasks cvs, exec and xslt in a quiet mode, that the
> complete output is only written to a file or totally hidden/deleted?
>
> Or: how can I configure an Ant script to write all its output to a file,
> or delete it completely? Then, it has to be configured inside the script,
> working with something like "ant > log.txt" does not work in my context.

Hi, Michael

some tasks - f.e. cvs task - have a quiet attribute to reduce noise

two possibilities that will work in any case =

1. ant has different commandline parameters to set the loglevel for the
whole script (default loglevel is info), see =
http://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html#options
f.e. ant -debug ... or ant - quiet ...

2. is the most flexible solution i know of to control the noiselevel
set the loglevel within the antscript and adjust it for your needs
taskdef sources see =
http://marc.info/?l=ant-user&m=115504180503962&w=2

usage =
<!-- reduce noise for section with talkative tasks like cvs or copy
  we want only messages with loglevel MSG.error  -->
<setloglevel level="error"/>
<!-- important section, i want to see ALL -->
<setloglevel level="debug"/>
<!--  get back to default loglevel -->
<setloglevel level="info"/>

maybe there are other solutions with ant 1.7.1, i yet don't know of,
after recently switching from ant 1.6.5 to 1.7.1

Regards, Gilbert

Re: quiete mode for Posted by Francis GALIEGUE <fg...@one2team.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 19:54, Michael
Hüttermann<mi...@huettermann.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> how can I use the tasks cvs, exec and xslt in a quiet mode, that the
> complete output is only written to a file or totally hidden/deleted?
>
> Or: how can I configure an Ant script to write all its output to a file,
> or delete it completely? Then, it has to be configured inside the script,
> working with something like "ant > log.txt" does not work in my context.

For the <cvs> task, you have the reallyquiet attribute. It's the
equivalent of the -Q option of the cvs command.

--

Francis Galiegue
ONE2TEAM