Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/02/25 19:45:34 UTC

Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon2/legal LICENSE.jimi

stefano@apache.org wrote:
> stefano     2003/02/25 10:39:33
>
>   Removed:     legal    LICENSE.jimi
>   Log:
>   AGGGRRRR! we can't redistribute this!

The ASF has a long-time problem with the policy included in almost all
the Sun licenses:

(vi) you agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from and
against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or
expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any
claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from
the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software.

NO WAY!

So far, only FOP uses Jimi and I really don't know why.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>