Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Resneck, Gabriel M (388J)" <Ga...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2013/03/01 00:22:11 UTC

Problem arising from XSD validation while configuring Crawler

We in SMAP Land have been running into an issue while distributing jobs to nodes with no internet access.

Here's the stack trace:

org.apache.oodt.cas.resource.structs.exceptions.JobInputException: Failed to run task
at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.TaskJob.execute(TaskJob.java:104)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.resource.system.extern.XmlRpcBatchStub$RunnableJob.run(XmlRpcBatchStub.java:229)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.exceptions.WorkflowTaskInstanceException: PGETask failed : Line 12 in XML document from URL [file:/project/spdm/subsys/deploy/spdm-crawler/policy/crawler-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.
at org.apache.oodt.cas.pge.PGETaskInstance.run(PGETaskInstance.java:456)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.structs.TaskJob.execute(TaskJob.java:102)
... 2 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 12 in XML document from URL [file:/project/spdm/subsys/deploy/spdm-crawler/policy/crawler-config.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:369)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:313)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:290)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:147)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:173)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:112)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:79)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:101)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:394)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:324)
at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:124)
at org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:68)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.pge.PGETaskInstance.setCrawlerConfigurations(PGETaskInstance.java:371)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.pge.PGETaskInstance.ingestProducts(PGETaskInstance.java:348)
at org.apache.oodt.cas.pge.PGETaskInstance.run(PGETaskInstance.java:454)
... 3 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'beans'.
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.xs.XMLSchemaValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl$NSContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:73)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:361)
... 18 more

It would seem that XSD validation is what causes this issue.  While looking for ways to solve this, we ran into https://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-5014 and thought, "Chris Mattmann, we know that guy!"

If any of you guys have solved this before (yes, including you, Chris), we'd love to know how you did it.

Thanks!

Gabe =)

Re: Problem arising from XSD validation while configuring Crawler

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
s/Gave/Gabe/

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.