Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/19 23:49:49 UTC

Agenda & More Information about Hadoop Community Meetup @ Palo Alto, June 26

Hi All,

I want to let you know that we have confirmed most of the agenda for Hadoop
Community Meetup. It will be a whole day event.

Agenda & Dial-In info because see below, *please RSVP
at https://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/events/262055924/
<https://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/events/262055924/>*

Huge thanks to Daniel Templeton, Wei-Chiu Chuang, Christina Vu for helping
with organizing and logistics.

*Please help to promote meetup information on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Appreciated! *

Best,
Wangda

*AM:9:00: Arrival and check-in--------------------------9:30 -
10:15:-------------Talk: Hadoop storage in cloud-native
environmentsAbstract: Hadoop is a mature storage system but designed years
before the cloud-native movement. Kubernetes and other cloud-native tools
are emerging solutions for containerized environments but sometimes they
require different approaches.In this presentation we would like to share
our experiences to run Apache Hadoop Ozone in Kubernetes and the connection
point to other cloud-native ecosystem elements. We will compare the
benefits and drawbacks to use Kubernetes and Hadoop storage together and
show our current achievements and future plans.Speaker: Marton Elek
(Cloudera)10:20 - 11:00:--------------Talk: Selective Wire Encryption In
HDFSAbstract: Wire data encryption is a key component of the Hadoop
Distributed File System (HDFS). However, such encryption enforcement comes
in as an all-or-nothing feature. In our use case at LinkedIn, we would like
to selectively expose fast unencrypted access to fully managed internal
clients, which can be trusted, while only expose encrypted access to
clients outside of the trusted circle with higher security risks. That way
we minimize performance overhead for trusted internal clients while still
securing data from potential outside threats. Our design extends HDFS
NameNode to run on multiple ports, connecting to different NameNode ports
would end up with different levels of encryption protection. This
protection then gets enforced for both NameNode RPC and the subsequent data
transfers to/from DataNode. This approach comes with minimum operational
and performance overhead.Speaker: Konstantin Shvachko (LinkedIn), Chen
Liang (LinkedIn)11:10 - 11:55:-------------Talk: YuniKorn: Next Generation
Scheduling for YARN and K8sAbstract: We will talk about our open source
work - YuniKorn scheduler project (Y for YARN, K for K8s, uni- for Unified)
brings long-wanted features such as hierarchical queues, fairness between
users/jobs/queues, preemption to Kubernetes; and it brings service
scheduling enhancements to YARN. Any improvements to this scheduler can
benefit both Kubernetes and YARN community.Speaker: Wangda Tan
(Cloudera)PM:12:00 - 12:55 Lunch Break (Provided by
Cloudera)------------------------------------------------1:00 -
1:25-----------Talk: Yarn Efficiency at UberAbstract: We will present the
work done at Uber to improve YARN cluster utilization and job SOA with
elastic resource management, low compute workload on passive datacenter,
preemption, larger container, etc. We will also go through YARN upgrade in
order to adopt new features and talk about the challenges.Speaker: Aihua Xu
(Uber), Prashant Golash (Uber)1:30 - 2:10 One more
talk---------------------------------2:20 - 4:00-----------BoF sessions &
Breakout Sessions & Group discussions: Talk about items like JDK 11
support, next releases (2.10.0, 3.3.0, etc.), Hadoop on Cloud, etc.4:00:
Reception provided by
Cloudera.==============================================Join Zoom
Meetinghttps://cloudera.zoom.us/j/116816195
<https://cloudera.zoom.us/j/116816195>*

Re: Agenda & More Information about Hadoop Community Meetup @ Palo Alto, June 26

Posted by runlin zhang <ru...@gmail.com>.
It’s great,I'm really looking forward to this Meetup

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Wangda.
Will this event be recorded? It will be extremely helpful for people who are unable to join to catch up.

Thanks
Weiwei
On Jun 26, 2019, 4:12 AM +0800, Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>, wrote:
A friendly reminder,

The meetup will take place tomorrow at 9:00 AM PDT to 4:00 PM PDT.

The address is: 395 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306
We’ll be in the Bigtop conference room on the 1st floor. Go left after
coming through the main entrance, and it will be on the right.

Zoom: https://cloudera.zoom.us/j/606607666

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you haven't RSVP yet,
please go ahead and RSVP so we can better prepare food, seat, etc.

Thanks,
Wangda

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
A friendly reminder,