Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2021/10/28 20:35:40 UTC

[DISCUSS] by() consistency and debugging traversals

Just created a few related tickets in JIRA that talk about getting by()
behaving more consistently while also helping to improve the ability to
debug traversals. I think the latter is interesting as debugging Gremlin
tends to be hard a lot of times especially for folks who are new to the
language. I'm not sure where that might go ultimately, but if you have
thoughts, please let me know.  None of this constitutes any breaking change
in default behavior until 3.6.x, though the original functionality will
still be present and can be turned on by the users as needed.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2635
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2634
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2636