Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ugo Cei <ug...@apache.org> on 2004/10/05 19:01:32 UTC

Ghent on Sunday

I've got my plane ticket and train schedule in front of me and they
tell me that I'll be in Ghent next Sunday (not before 10pm circa,
though). So, if anyone else will be there on Sunday too, we might have
a few beers or a dinner somewhere. We can use the Wiki
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Attending#preview> to coordinate.
Please add your name at the bottom of the page.

It would be nice if some local would kindly suggest a place ;-)

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

Re: Ghent on Sunday

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 07 Oct 2004, at 16:41, Steven Noels wrote:

> I'll be in "The Vooruit" around 9PM. We'll leave a note on the front
> door or at the bar if we start shopping around for dinner (or snacks
> rather, since Ghent doesn't have many real restaurants which still
> offer à la carte after 10PM)

... and we revived the area map of last year - see
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Attending

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Ghent on Sunday

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Ghent on Sunday

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 05 Oct 2004, at 19:01, Ugo Cei wrote:

> I've got my plane ticket and train schedule in front of me and they
> tell me that I'll be in Ghent next Sunday (not before 10pm circa,
> though). So, if anyone else will be there on Sunday too, we might have
> a few beers or a dinner somewhere. We can use the Wiki
> <http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Attending#preview> to coordinate.
> Please add your name at the bottom of the page.
>
> It would be nice if some local would kindly suggest a place ;-)

I'll be in "The Vooruit" around 9PM. We'll leave a note on the front
door or at the bar if we start shopping around for dinner (or snacks
rather, since Ghent doesn't have many real restaurants which still
offer à la carte after 10PM)

http://www.vooruit.be/

For those who cater for a steakhouse close to the Vooruit which is open
all night

STENDHAL
Schepenenvijverstraat 10
9000 Gent
09 225 21 73

Just walking down to the "South/Zuid" across the water, ask directions
for the small red light district - it's in a murky street but they do
serve a fine piece of meat over there - and it should be open for late
arrivals. The restaurant is well known amongst the night birders in
Ghent as well.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Ghent on Sunday